Your Resource Center for Vinyl, Wood, Aluminum Siding
Why is Siding Important?
In Short: Siding protects the house against the elements and pests! It helps prevent moisture penetration and the growth of biological contaminants such as mold, dust mites and bacteria. ··Continued
Your choices for Siding
Choosing siding deserves careful consideration. We have grouped your options into basic categories which you can review to gain a better understanding of the pros and cons of each choice. Remember a carefully chosen siding, appropriate for your climate and the amount of care you are willing to devote to its maintenance will enhance the beauty and sell ability of your home.
And if you need help understanding some of the terminology used you can review our Glossary of House Siding Terms
- Standard Vinyl Siding - Excellent value and durability! Some sidings are good in dry climates, some in wetter climates, etc. And still others, like vinyl, are good in all types of weather conditions. ··Continued
- Seamless Vinyl Siding - No visible seam patterns. Just clean, unbroken lines that accentuate architectural design and details. ··Continued
- Aluminum Siding or Seamless Siding (Steal), Metal Siding options, are often chosen based on their strength and price. ··Continued
- Wood Siding Options - Many home owners still preffer the natural beauty of wood siding to that of newer materials, but choosing the correct wood for the geographical area can be tricky. ··Continued
- Veneers [Brick and Stone] - This type of siding is an excellent example of rain screening because water cannot penetrate the veneer. ··Continued
- Stucco - like vinyl, it is a durable siding.It is waterproof and weatherproof.··Continued